Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Writing Process

As you can see in a blog below...this same blog has already been posted, but despite many many many attempts at fixing the sizing of the letters, I am incapable of editing that post. I have re-typed it here (with only a small section of font that will not return to original size) so that it is more easily read and not so distracting:

I have been brainstorming for this paper for about a week now. All weekend I came up with some topics I wanted to talk about, managed to form some main points, created an introduction, AND formed with a thesis (the last thing I do before I begin to write). So things are going great...until I go in to class yesterday and we begin discussing counterarguments. I am sitting there and can not come up with a counterargument for the topic I already started for the LIFE of me. Of course, I then think of a counterargument for a totally DiFfErEnT paper topic. I quickly write down some of the main points of this new topic and the counterargument I had come up with. After class I go in to talk with Professor Ambrose, and now the problem is finding a THESIS for my new topic. And that is where I am now, trying to come up with a thesis for my new paper.
Does anyone else have this problem?? Knowing what you want to write, having evidence, and points and a counterargument...all that JAZZ and then not being able to write a thesis that brings everything together? Guess I'll start writing and hope it comes to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment